200 Hour TEACHER TRAINING Scholarship
For People of Color, Queer, Trans, and Gender Non Conforming People
Diversity and inclusivity in our yoga community has always been important to us. This year, we are putting our money where our mouths are and offering a scholarship opportunity open to people of color and queer, trans, and gender non conforming people. If you self-identify as a member of one of these groups, you are welcome to apply!
Our 200 Hour Teacher Training program is open to students who have at least a year of yoga practice experience and a willingness to delve more deeply into the full teachings of yoga. In order to complete the program, consistent attendance and the ability to demonstrate acquired knowledge will be required.
Before applying, please make sure you’ve explored the details of this training to make sure it’s the right fit for you. You can find out more here.
We will be offering at minimum of one $1500 scholarship, covering a little more than 50% of your cost of tuition. The accepted applicant will still be required to cover the remainder of tuition + books.
Please send your answers to the following questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "TT Scholarship Application” and your name (please make sure your application is clearly marked in this way).
1. How long have you been practicing yoga and in what ways has yoga impacted your life? (100 words or more)
2. Where have you been practicing yoga and with what teachers or mentors? (100 words or more)
3. What is your attraction to this teacher training program? (100 words or more)
4. What are you hoping to gain from this training program beyond the certification? Which populations do you hope to impact with your teaching? (100 words or more)
5. Please indicate how your current lifestyle is influenced by the philosophy of yoga and/or how you might like yoga to influence your life going forward. (100 words or more)
6. Have you ever taught or shared anything about yoga with anyone in your life, either formally or informally? (100 words or more)
7. Is there anything else that you'd like us to know about you? (100 words or more)
8. Include the following contact information: full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
September 1st - Deadline for applications.
Week of September 9th - Selected candidates will be invited to an in-person interview.
Week of September 16th - Final scholarship award recipients will be notified.
Feel free to email email@example.com with questions.