Whether the reasoning is health, ethics, environment, or something else, you may have considered trying a vegan diet, but were not sure where to start. There are so many excellent reasons to explore a vegan diet and expand your culinary horizons. Our Month of Vegan is here to give you all of the support you need! Join our group as we try out a month of vegan eating, supporting each other along the way.
This month-long program includes:
- An initial meet up at the start of the month to meet each other, check in, get advice for the month, ask any questions that you have, and enjoy a vegan meal together.
- Access to a private Month of Vegan Facebook group to stay connected and enjoy the support of the group all month long.
- Access to your mentor, Gopi, via email throughout the month to get answers to any questions that may come up.
- A bag of coupons and samples for vegan products to get your grocery shopping off right!
- One free yoga class to take a Nature Yoga Sanctuary’s Oak Park location any time during the month of September.
- A closing gathering and meal to share your experiences and celebrate your accomplishments at the end of a great month.
$40 in advance, $50 day of
This program is mentored by Gopi Om (Nicole Sopko), a dedicated vegan of 22 years. In addition to personal interest, she has spent the past 8 years immersed in the world of vegan food professionally, giving her a unique perspective and the ability to recommend a variety of products to those exploring the world of vegan eating. She travels extensively both domestically and internationally and can provide advice on vegan indulgence both at home and abroad. An experienced and well-rounded mentor, you’ll be in capable and compassionate hands on your journey into the wonderful world of vegan eating!
Saturday, September 1st, 12-2pm - Initial Meet-Up - Enjoy a welcome session and meet the group. Enjoy a vegan meal and get ideas for the weeks ahead as your vegan adventure begins.
Saturday, September 29th, 12-2pm - Closing Gathering - Celebrate the successes of the past month and reconnect with your Month of Vegan community.
Both meetings will take place at Nature Yoga Sanctuary & Cafe, Oak Park.