200 Hour summer INTENSIVE Teacher Training
August 13 - 27, 2017
Our yoga teacher training is designed for students who want to deepen their knowledge of yoga as part of a supportive community of fellow trainees. During training you will learn a full variety of yoga techniques in order to have the knowledge to share them with others. This training is perfect for those who want to expand their own practice of asana, pranayama, meditation and more whether or not you have an intention of teaching. After this training, you will have the ability to teach a full yoga class to a variety of populations and to make adjustments and adapt sequences to your student. We are a certified Yoga School and upon completion of this training, you will meet the requirements for the Yoga Alliance 200 hour teaching certification.
Topics covered include:
Yoga Asana: including proper alignment and sequencing of postures
The Art of Assisting and Adjusting: how and when to help students
Philosophy: knowledge of where yoga comes from
Ethics in Teaching: including inclusivity, cultural sensitivity, and appreciation for the roots of yoga
Anatomy: gross and subtle
Teaching: to all-levels and special populations
Communication: how to speak to students
Business: how to teach yoga professionally
The training will be led by Gopi Om (Nicole Sopko). Gopi has been teaching yoga for over a decade and is an initiated disciple of Master Teacher, Yogi Sri Dharma Mittra. She offers a traditional approach to yoga with compassion and inclusivity. She has a passion for teaching students of all experience levels and shares her experiences and knowledge freely with those in her classes. Her Teacher Training programs have a personal touch and create tight communities of dedicated practitioners.
Training is assisted by Sheila Montiel. Shei comes from a Venezuelan family, where she learned Spanish as her native language. In 2010 she began her yoga practice and has been completely emerged in this fascinating discipline. In 2014 she became RYT200 certified through her mentor Gopi Om, a disciple of Sri Dharma Mitra. From then on, Shei has been devoted to sharing all the benefits that yoga has brought into her life.
Must have at least one year of experience with yoga practice and a willingness to delve more deeply into the full teachings of yoga.
This intensive-style training has a very demanding schedule. Please be sure that you will be capable of maintaining the energy required during the 15 days. A vegan diet and intoxicant-free lifestyle during the training is highly recommended.
Application fee: $50 (non-refundable, does not go towards tuition costs – please submit in person or by phone)
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
1. How long have you been practicing yoga and in what ways has yoga impacted your life? (100 words or more)
2. Where have you been practicing yoga and with what teachers or mentors? (100 words or more)
3. What is your attraction to this teacher training program? (100 words or more)
4. What are you hoping to gain from this training program beyond the certification? Which populations do you hope to impact with your teaching? (100 words or more)
5. Please indicate how your current lifestyle is influenced by the philosophy of yoga and/or how you might like yoga to influence your life going forward. (100 words or more)
6. Have you ever taught or shared anything about yoga with anyone in your life, either formally or informally? (100 words or more)
7. Is there anything else that you'd like us to know about you? (100 words or more)
8. Include the following contact information: full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Upon acceptance and tuition payment, you will receive assignments to be completed prior to the first day of training along with the required reading and book list. Book costs will be around $150 and can be purchased through the studio at a discount or anywhere else you choose. No additional costs will be required.
Paid in Full by June 13, 2017 - $2600
Paid in Full by July 13, 2017 - $2750
Paid in Full by August 13, 2017 - $2900
Training will be held at Nature Yoga Sanctuary, Oak Park location.
August 13-27, 2017 • 8am-10pm
100% attendance during the course of this training is required. If there are questions, please reach out in advance.
Please email Gopi Om