200 Hour summer INTENSIVE Teacher Training
August 13 - 27, 2017
Nature Yoga Sanctuary is offering a scholarship program exclusive to our upcoming 200 Hour Summer Intensive Teacher Training in Oak Park. This training is an intensive-style training set to take place from August 13-27, 8am-10pm each day. This scholarship program intends to make the training experience available to those who would not otherwise have access and who also intend to use the skills learned in the training primarily to benefit underserved communities at no charge for services.
Basic requirements for anyone applying:
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Ability to make some payment towards the program in order to ensure commitment.
- A feasible plan to use the tools learned in the training to benefit underserved communities at no charge.
- Ability to attend 100% of the required training hours, as listed in the full description.
- Ability to secure the needed books for training (retail cost about $150).
To apply for the scholarship and training program, please answer the questions below and send to email@example.com.
1. How long have you been practicing yoga and in what ways has yoga impacted your life? (100 words or more)
2. Where have you been practicing yoga and with what teachers or mentors? (100 words or more)
3. What is your attraction to this teacher training program? (100 words or more)
4. What are you hoping to gain from this training program beyond the certification? Which populations do you hope to impact with your teaching? (100 words or more)
5. Please indicate how your current lifestyle is influenced by the philosophy of yoga and/or how you might like yoga to influence your life going forward. (100 words or more)
6. Have you ever taught or shared anything about yoga with anyone in your life, either formally or informally? (100 words or more)
7. Is there anything else that you'd like us to know about you? (100 words or more)
8. Include the following contact information: full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
Questions specific to scholarship:
9. Please describe your current financial situation and why a scholarship would be necessary in order for you to participate in this program. (100 words or more)
10. What could you afford to pay towards the training (payment would be due by August 13)? Please explain.
11. What populations would you be serving as a yoga teacher? What is your current relationship with that population? What organizations would you be partnering with, if any? (100 words or more)
12. If accepted, are you committed to completing the training in full? Please explain any barriers to completion that may be present for you.
Please email Gopi Om