300 Hour Advanced level
January 8, 2019 - April 26, 2020
Nature Yoga Sanctuary is happy to offer a new 300/500 hour yoga teacher training program coming to our Wicker Park location this January. Join teacher, Gopi Om, on a deep dive into the practice, teaching, and lifestyle of yoga.
This is a full 16-month long program, not divided into sections or modules, in order to give our group the opportunity to grow together and build strong bonds that will anchor us to practice as we continue the journey of teaching. The schedule is designed especially for working yoga teachers, as we meet later in the evening on Tuesdays and once per month on Sunday afternoons. The 16-month model allows for time to integrate new teachings and practices into our busy lives in an attempt to embody the knowledge offered.
Over the course of the program, we will cover yogic techniques and philosophies that may have necessarily been addressed only briefly during the course of a 200 hour teacher training program in order to more fully understand the science of yoga. Texts like the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and others will be studied in further depth in order to expand upon their usefulness both in the modern world and their place within yoga's history.
This program aims to be collaborative in terms of focusing on the needs and interests of the group while maintaining the overall integrity of the program and covering all topics, as intended.
This program includes:
• Consistent in-depth group practice of asana, pranayama, mantra, concentration, relaxation, and meditation.
• A study of classical asana practice as it relates to the overall goal of self realization.
• Communication skills and practice.
• Sequencing for students of all levels.
• Gross and subtle anatomy as it relates to yoga.
• Advanced study and discussion of yogic texts.
• The ethics of teaching and studying yoga and the business of yoga.
• Conversations around diversity, inclusion, and cultural appreciation within the sphere of yoga.
• An introduction to Sanskrit language.
• Hatha, Bhakti, Karma, Raja, and Jnana Yoga.
• Practice teaching asana, pranayama, mantra, and meditation with regular feedback from peers.
• Regular access to program teacher/facilitator in order to address questions and get the most out of training.
• The opportunity to connect and grow as part of a likeminded community of spiritual seekers.
Our aim is that you will conclude the program with a deeper understanding of the complex and beautiful system of yoga, as well as of yourself and your place as a student and teacher in the world.
We are a registered school with the Yoga Alliance and the program is Yoga Alliance approved, so registration will be available upon completion to those who desire to do so.
Must have completed a 200 hour teacher training program with Nature Yoga Sanctuary or another yoga school and have a desire to delve more deeply into the complete practice of yoga. Also, please have taken at least 3 classes with Gopi before applying to help ensure that this program will be a good fit for your goals.
Application fee: $50 (non-refundable, does not go towards tuition costs)
Send an email to email@example.com that includes the following:
1. How long have you been practicing yoga and in what ways has yoga impacted your life? (100 words or more)
2. How long have you been teaching yoga and in what ways has teaching yoga impacted your life? (100 words or more)
3. Where have you been practicing yoga and with what teachers or mentors? (100 words or more)
3. What is your attraction to this teacher training program? (100 words or more)
4. What are you hoping to gain from this training program beyond the certification? Which populations do you hope to impact with your teaching? (100 words or more)
5. Please indicate how your current lifestyle is influenced by the philosophy of yoga and/or how you might like yoga to influence your life going forward. (100 words or more)
6. Tell us about your approach to sharing yoga as a teacher. (100 words or more)
7. Is there anything else that you'd like us to know about you? (100 words or more)
8. Include the following contact information: full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Please include "300 hour TT Application" in the subject of the email.
Upon acceptance and tuition payment, you will receive assignments to be completed prior to the first day of training along with the required reading and book list. Book costs will be around $200 and can be purchased through the studio at a discount or anywhere else you choose.
Our pricing structure is simple in order to help you plan accordingly to complete the program. Application fee, tuition, and books are the only required costs, so there will be no unexpected expenses on your end.
Paid in Full by October 31, 2018 - $3950
Paid in Full by December 31, 2018 - $4250
Payment plans available. Please contact for details.
Training will be held at Nature Yoga Sanctuary, Wicker Park location.
This program is not a pieced together series of modules or workshops, but rather a cohesive and consistent beginning-to-end training where you will be able to effectively build on your knowledge and understanding over time, as well as continue to grow in your connection with your community of fellow seekers. Upon the conclusion of the program, you will be eligible for your graduation certificate.
We will meet:
Every Tuesday 7:30-10:30pm
One Sunday per month, 3-7pm
No class on major holidays. Sundays will be scheduled and announced each quarter. Some Tuesdays will be off when Gopi is unavailable. Additional time may be spent together, at the discretion of the group to take advantage of unique learning situations or other experiences.
Consistent attendance is required to graduate. If there are questions or concerns about our attendance policy, please reach out in advance.
Gopi Om (Nicole Sopko)
Gopi Om (Nicole Sopko) first discovered yoga by chance and was instantly intrigued. She attended her first teacher training with the sole intention of learning more about the practice, but discovered the teachings of yoga to be so transformational that she couldn't keep them to herself and began teaching in 2005. Shortly after, her practice grew immensely due to the discovery and subsequent influence of her beloved Guru, Sri Dharma Mittra, who gave her the name Gopi.
Gopi has completed the advanced level (500 hour & 800 hour) Life of a Yogi teacher trainings at the Dharma Yoga Center in New York with Sri Dharma. She feels blessed to have received and to carry on his teachings. She strives to live every moment as an offering to the divine and to pass on the teachings of yoga as they have been generously shared with her. She is a vegan of over 20 years who knows that veganism was her first yogic practice in embracing compassion for all beings. A believer in the power of yoga as a lifestyle, Gopi feels that a playful yoga practice enables a person to approach the more mundane aspects of life with a lighter heart and a more accepting attitude. Her yogic journey has played a big role in her life and she feels lucky to have the opportunity to share that journey with others.
Gopi is the owner/director of Nature Yoga Sanctuary in Wicker Park and Oak Park, including Nature Yoga Sanctuary Cafe. Additionally, she works alongside her life partner, Dan, in the operation of his natural foods company, Upton's Naturals, and vegan cafe, Upton's Breakroom.
For more info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org